Friday, November 30, 2012

foodie pen pals


it is reveal day for the foodie pen pals!  my box came to me from geneva, a california participant.  she sent me a wonderful mix of treats, homemade goodies and fresh fruit!  along with the box came a beautiful handmade card and a recipe from geneva's grandmother.

look at all of those goodies!  kiwis and pomegranates too!


cookies, sweets and chocolates galore!

homemade kahlua and almond bark

chili-lemon flavored dried mango slices and a rub for grilling. 

the flower details were hand tatted by an elderly woman 

the recipe was for an upside down cake.  it called for pineapples but i had an abundance of pears and apples and used them instead.

all ready to go for my garden meeting-my lucky co-workers at the demo garden were treated to quite the spread!

the cake was wonderful and it got it's lovely yellow color from the cornflour that geneva also sent to me!  thank you geneva for such a thoughtful box of goodies.

to see what i sent my partner, check out my partner, janna's blog.  to see what the other participants sent or to join in the fun, be sure to check out lindsay's blog, the lean green bean

1 comment: