my new blog page!

my new blog page!
will garden for cake, my new blog page is live! please be sure to visit it and see what is going on in the garden.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

twd: chocolate truffle tartlettes


are you ready for another tuesday with dorie?  this week's challenge is being hosted by 4 different participants; steph, spike, jaime and jessica.  i know i was raring to go-how could you not be ready for chocolate?  since this was a chocolate challenge, i decided to make them for valentines day with my husband and one of our daughters.   both of them are fans of chocolate, especially dark chocolate but being a pastry chef, i decided to customize my tart for them.  what that means is rather than dark and white chocolate chunks and chopped biscotti being added to the tart, i opted to use dark chocolate, peanut butter cups and peanut brittle.

 first, the dough mixes up incredibly fast in the food processor.

 rather than 6 small tartlettes, i made one 9" tart

 as always, the marbles came out of the closet with a coffee filter to serve as pie weights

 perfectly baked!

 for the filling-egg yolks are whipped with sugar to the ribbon stage

 the booty-peanut brittle, mini peanut butter cups and bittersweet chocolate were folded into the mousse filling.

 the filling in the prepared tart shell before going into the oven

 after baking-the large tart took about 25 minutes at 350 to bake

fudgy perfection!  it was a huge hit with the husband and daughter-me too!!!

many thanks to this weeks hosts-looking forward to the next challenge.  bake on friends and if you dare, bake one and send me a photo-i will post it here!  see the tarts from all of the participants here

10 comments:

  1. Love your changes to the recipe!! I still have chocolate dough in the freezer. I think I'm going to try your version with it. What a beautiful tart. It puffed up nicely and definitely does look fudgy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut butter cups - what a great idea.
    The marbles make for beautiful pie weights :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! I love the mables doubling as pie weights - very clever! Excellent choice of mix-ins! I used Heath bits in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the addition of peanut brittle! My husband would go nuts over that. Your tart is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marbles! What a great idea! And I believe I'll have to make these again just to try adding peanut brittle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PB cups and brittle-- that is fantastic!! Best idea I've seen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting a pic of the "ribbon stage". I wasn't sure if I had gotten it right!

    ReplyDelete